Issues with sourcing Allpix scripts

Hi everybody!

I’ve recently begun simulating things with Allpix-Squared and have run into a bizarre issue whenever I source the setup script:

[damir@lxplus916 ALLPIX2_Remote]$ source /cvmfs/clicdp.cern.ch/software/allpix-squared/3.0.0/x86_64-centos7-gcc12-opt/setup.sh
awk: symbol lookup error: /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/views/LCG_103/x86_64-centos7-gcc12-opt/lib/libreadline.so.8: undefined symbol: UP
awk: symbol lookup error: /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/views/LCG_103/x86_64-centos7-gcc12-opt/lib/libreadline.so.8: undefined symbol: UP
/cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/releases/R/4.1.2-dbb9a/x86_64-centos7-gcc12-opt/lib64/R/bin/exec/R: error while loading shared libraries: libreadline.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/releases/R/4.1.2-dbb9a/x86_64-centos7-gcc12-opt/lib64/R/bin/exec/R: error while loading shared libraries: libreadline.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
gnuplot: error while loading shared libraries: libreadline.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/eos/user/d/damir/ALLPIX2_Remote
[damir@lxplus916 ALLPIX2_Remote]$

I’m used to seeing the last few lines, but the output that comes before it seems to imply that I’m missing a library of some sort? Trying to run allpix itself doesn’t give more helpful output:

[damir@lxplus916 Simulation]$ allpix -c main_Irradiated.conf
allpix: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This kills the program before it even starts.

The weirdest thing about this, however, is that after running the source command above, for some reason I also lose my ability to open emacs:

[damir@lxplus916 Simulation]$ emacs -nw main_Irradiated.conf
emacs: symbol lookup error: /lib64/libgtk-3.so.0: undefined symbol: pango_font_description_set_variations

Any ideas for what’s going on?

Cheers,
Damir

P.S: I’ll note that I’m still using v3.0.0, since I have some old simulations I want to compare new results to, and I don’t want to change versions since that’ll possibly mess with the comparison. That said, something really weird must’ve happened for an older version to stop working like this, right?

Dear @damir ,

please have a look at this recent post: CVMFS setup failing with awk: symbol lookup error

In a nutshell: The LXPLUS nodes were moved from CC7 to EL9. Sadly, we started deploying EL9 builds to CVMFS only from v3.0.3 on, but sourcing these will solve your issue.
It looks like if you require v3.0.0, you can logon to lxplus7.cern.ch instead, but for patch releases (e.g. 3.0.0 → 3.0.3), all simulation results are verified to stay untouched.

Best
Paul