CVMFS setup failing with awk: symbol lookup error

Hi All,

As of this morning, the CVMFS setups of Allpix no longer seems to be working. When running the setup scripts we get the following errors:

awk: symbol lookup error: /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/views/LCG_103/x86_64-centos7-clang12-opt/lib/libreadline.so.8: undefined symbol: UP
awk: symbol lookup error: /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/views/LCG_103/x86_64-centos7-clang12-opt/lib/libreadline.so.8: undefined symbol: UP
/cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/releases/R/4.1.2-0790a/x86_64-centos7-clang12-opt/lib64/R/bin/exec/R: error while loading shared libraries: libreadline.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/releases/R/4.1.2-0790a/x86_64-centos7-clang12-opt/lib64/R/bin/exec/R: error while loading shared libraries: libreadline.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
gnuplot: error while loading shared libraries: libreadline.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Not sure if this is really an Allpix issues since it looks like an LCG one. However, it’s only my Allpix setup that seems to be affected and not any other software I used via CVMFS so I thought I should report it and see if anyone else has the same issue.

Cheers,

Jay

Hello,

I also have the same problem today :frowning:.

Thanks,
Emma

Dear @jhowarth, dear @ebuchana

I have the suspicion that this has to do with LXPLUS switching to RHEL9/CentOS9.

Could you please try if

• logging into lxplus7.cern.ch gives you CentOS7 - does it work with this again?
  • logging into lxplus.cern.ch gives you CentOS9 - does it work of you source the x86_64-centos9-gcc12-opt version of Allpix Squared?

Best regards,
Simon

Hi @simonspa,

Thanks for this, I tried logging into lxplus7 and it worked for me,

Thanks again,
Emma

Ahhh (facepalm), the lxplus alias changed over this week. Thanks! I’d missed that! Works fine now :slight_smile:

Small update on this:

We now have builds for RHEL 9 available with version 3.0.3:

Cheers,
Simon