How to define detectors with new materials in allpix

Hi guys,
I want to run simulations of Cadmium Telluride and Cadmium Zinc Telluride detectors but I do not konw how to define a new CdTe or CdZnTe detector. Is there anyone who ran this kind of simulations before? I would appreciate it much if you can offer me some help. :slight_smile:

Dear Xuezhi Wang,

currently we only support silicon. Including other materials is not completely straight-forward since we need charge transport models such as a mobility parametrization equivalent to the ones we currently have implemented for silicon.

While there are some papers around which suggest such parametrizations, we have not yet looked into how to best include them - mostly due to the lack of manpower. If you would be willing to implement such models, we could provide you with some support and pointers where to plug them in.
Also have a look at the related merge request where we have started to collect ideas how to properly include different materials in the framework: https://gitlab.cern.ch/allpix-squared/allpix-squared/merge_requests/179

Let me know if this is something you would be interested in.

Cheers,
Simon